Lagos Businessman Flees After Torturing Apprentice To Death Over N1,000 [Photo]

A businessman is on the run after allegedly torturing his 11-year-old apprentice to death in the Ogba area of Lagos State.

The man identified simply as Uchechukwu, aka Alloy Omo Jesu tortured the apprentice identified as Sunday to death after accusing him of stealing N1,000.

Uchechukwu, who was bent on making him confess to the allegation, descended on him.

The victim was said to have died in the process as the suspect fled the community.

The manager of Uchechukwu’s gas business, Blessing, while closing on Saturday, January 8, 2022, discovered that N1,000 was missing from the total sales for the day, The Punch reports.

To detect how the money went missing, Blessing demanded an explanation from Sunday, who handled sales that day.

Another apprentice, Godwin, told our correspondent who visited the shop on Inuobimi Street, Ogba, last Thursday, that Sunday gave an unsatisfactory response, prompting everyone, including Uchechukwu, to suspect him.

He said, “When Blessing asked him how N1,000 went missing, he said the money was with a customer who did not complete payment for refilling gas.

“Blessing told me to follow him to meet the customer to collect the money, but when we got there, the customer said the complete money was paid.

“The customer later said the money he owed us was for another item he bought in the shop. But Sunday never told us he sold the item to the customer on that Saturday.

“On Sunday, January 9, our boss got to know about what happened and when Sunday gave no reasonable explanation, he told me to take him home.”

Godwin explained that when Uchechukwu got home around 10pm, he used a wire to torture Sunday over the missing money, adding that he and another apprentice, Stanley, left for the backyard when their colleague’s plea for mercy was ignored.

“While at the backyard, we heard Sunday screaming for help, but our boss continued to beat him and didn’t stop till he (boss) stepped out to meet us at the backyard around 1am.

“When we didn’t hear Sunday’s voice again, we thought he already had his bath and slept. We even saw him lying motionless on the floor and thought he had slept; but there was blood on his body.

“Our boss later told us to pack about N1m he had at home and said he wanted us to quickly go to the shop to keep it. Three of us, except Sunday, left the house around 1am for the shop. But when we got there, our boss said he forgot the keys at home.

Latest articles


Related articles

Leave a reply

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

%d bloggers like this: